We went to an IMAX theater. TO WATCH HARRY POTTER!!!!
and
We went to Dave & Buster's. TO ACT LIKE WE'RE KIDS WHO JUST GOT TO SEE HARRY POTTER!!!!
Ok, so it was probably more exciting for me than the Mister, but the final final Harry Potter movie was badass in IMAX 3D. The screen is the size of 13 football fields (my rough estimate) and the 3D effects and sound were crisp and clear and perfect. It was the best way to see the last movie in the series and what an ending! I almost cried. Except I realized I wasn't as emotionally attached to the series as people who've read it, so I didn't.
Afterwards, we just hopped, skipped and jumped our way right next door (literally, the theater & restaurant are in the same building) to Dave & Buster's.
We see commercials for the place all the time and have wanted to go, so this was our chance.
We played games and won tokens for 2 hours. It was great fun after the great movie and I'm happy we got to play and relax some more.
Finally we headed out. We were kinda hungry, but not really, so we drove around looking for something to jump out at us and say, "Don't I sound yummy?"
No luck.
But something else jumped out at us:
We drove here and there and couldn't find anything, so we went back towards the hotel and went to a restaurant near there. It was silly.
The wait staff all had to wear fancy clothes (men in suits, women in little black dresses).
The food was over-priced and underwhelming.
The Mister & I stuck out like sore thumbs. Or just lost tourists.
Either way, I would never, ever go there again.
Then we went back to the hotel room and packed for the long drive home.
We drove home the next day. I don't know if the dogs were happier to see me than I was them. It may be a tie.
We had so much fun, and I really loved getting to spend time relaxing together. The Mister seemed to enjoy himself, too, if the "let's go on another vacation right now" comment can be believed. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment