Saturday, July 30, 2011

Another list

  • I don't like chocolate.  This doesn't mean I don't like cocoa--sometimes I eat brownies or dark chocolate stuff (Mounds?  mmmm)
  • I don't like diamonds.  They bore me.  I grew up with Yogo Sapphires and much, much prefer them, their different shades from blue to purple to purple/pink/red, than the glassy-looking diamond.
  • I don't like yellow gold.  Sometimes it's ok with white gold, but the proportions must be more white than yellow.
  • Why is soy in every.damn.thing!?  I'd like to get some protein from a source other than soy or nuts.  Unfortunately, that leaves me with the dairy family or meat.  Hard to take those on a long trip....
  • My tastes have changed, a lot.  As a child I never liked mustard or green olives.  Now I make potato salad with lots of mustard, put it on my sandwiches/burgers and I found some delish green olives.  I know children have more sensitive taste buds, so tend to be pickier eaters, but it's strange to experience it.
  • I love spring and autumn.  My favorite season used to be summer, mostly because when I was a kid I spent all that time at the pool.  Now, however, I prefer the cooler spring and the smell of leaves in autumn.
  • I am a clone of my mother.  When I look at my hands, I see hers.  When I hear myself laugh, I hear her.  When I'm being snarky about strangers, I hear her, too.  As an adult, it's so nice to know that my Mom isn't someone I don't want to be like.  Sure, I could do without the cleaning fit before people came over, and I'd love to not be so hot all the time, but otherwise, it's not a bad deal.
  • I get excited about the mail.  No idea why, but I LOVE getting the mail.  It's like a surprise every time I open the mailbox.  
  • British singers seem to be my latest favorite.  I've always tended to prefer female singers (with the exception of John Mayer and Jason Mraz), but Florence & the Machine, Kate Nash, Adele are all rocking my world right now.  Sorry America.
  • I was grounded twice during my childhood.  Once for playing with fire, once for not wearing a helmet when I went snowmobiling (my head was too big to fit into the available helmets).  Other than that, I was just a spoiled, obnoxious, sarcastic, well-behaved child.
  • The Mister occasionally gets the dogs riled up, playing all over the house.  I think it's funny.  But when I do it, he gets cranky.
  • Hardwood floors make for some funny dog-running spills.
  • I really wish I knew why Lily keeps chewing on Smudge's head.  And why Smudge lets her.

No comments: