Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 4--last little bit (and no pics!)

After the zoo hassle & sweatfest, the Mister & I decided to take a little trip over a hill and into the woods of Boulder.  We were going to try to make it to Estes Park because we just had to visit there while we were in Colorado.  Instead, we met an old friend of mine, and her husband.
How old?
I went to high school with Lindsey.  She was "my" sophomore when I was a senior.  We were in pep band together.  She's one of the very few people from school that I still care about.
She graduated the summer the Mister & I got married, and was the only friend I invited to our wedding.  In fact, the last time we'd seen her was at our wedding.
10 years and one day later....we met her and her handsome husband at a local brewery in Boulder.  She's a successful physical therapist for children and he's an engineer who does some pretty cool work.  We got to hang out for a couple of hours and catch up.  It was such a treat to see what a beautiful woman she's become and how happy she is with her life.
There's so few people in my life that I connect with and feel truly comfortable with, and she's always going to be one.
Hopefully it won't be another 10 years before I get to hug her again.

No comments: