Thursday, September 01, 2011

Big Baby

When I was a kid, I was a big baby.  As I was in actuality my Mom's baby, my tendency was to be spoiled and get my way.  This is something I freely admit.
I've somehow managed to survive to adulthood in spite of that fact.

As a big baby who got her way, when I was sick, I was especially spoiled.
And when my tonsils were swollen and my throat was sore and the evil doctor talked about having my tonsils out and I cried to Mom that I didn't wanna have surgery, she relented.  Mom wasn't a sucker, I promise.  She just hated it when I cried.

So it is now, at the age of 30, that I still have my tonsils.  And they're infected.  Not just swollen, but infected.  And I regret being a big baby.  I'm beginning to believe that my suspicion of living the way that was portrayed in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is the best way to do it.  Or something like that.

Now, some pics of the Big Baby (and various other people who put up with her):


I have dimples.  It's a curse.

This is my first attempt at being a femme fatale.  I think I pulled it off pretty well, considering I still have baby fat.

My cousins, K & J.  I think K was considering drowning me?  Or just washing my hair.
BTW, why do people insist on taking pics of kids in the bathtub?

Confused what to do with my left hand.  Guess I settled on scratching my butt.

Cousin K.  Wish I could hug her like this right now.

Cousin J.  His son looks almost identical to him, minus the glasses.

He still makes these faces.

Prancing Princess.

Christmas present.  Gummy smile.
Me & one of my favorite people of all time--my granddad.  Still miss him.



The three stooges.  I think we were told to look silly.  "Silly" for me meant unenthused, apparently.



No comments: