Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Bits & Pieces

I've been up for almost 9 hours.  That's right, I got up at 4 AM today, although I've been awake since a little after 3.  And I didn't get to sleep until almost 1.  Needless to say, I highly doubt my post will be coherent.

I know I mentioned once before that Smudge & Lily remind me of Garfield & Odie.
Yet more evidence that Smudge is like Garfield....

Smudge cuddling w/Pookie
Yes, I have a Pookie.  I went to Garfield Elementary School, and the cartoon cat was our "mascot".  I later discovered, much to my disappointment, that the school was named after a president, not a fat orange cat.
In any case, I loved Garfield growing up, and I still have a soft spot for him.  And so when I saw Pookie, I had to get it.  I'm happy now that Smudge has a cuddle buddy when she's not cuddling with me.

In other news....

I decided to paint a wall in the bedroom.  An accent wall, like the one in our kitchen, but more complicated.  First I considered just painting it purple, or blue, or a mix of the two.  Then I settled on something different....

Gradient painting is more time consuming, but the results don't suck.

Painting a textured wall, however, does suck.
Thoughts?  Comments?  You can pretend to be impressed.

No comments: