I got a bee in my bonnet (they're baaaaack) and decided that we needed to change all the light switches in the house this weekend. The original toggle switches were starting to pop here & there, the Mister replaced a couple, but since more were popping and I wanted some flat switches, we changed them.
This is not a small chore.
I think we had a total of 28 switches to change, including a couple of ceiling fan controls. Out of these, the Mister took care of 7 switches, leaving the rest for me. I love projects and had fun, kind of, doing this. I especially liked getting to use the power drill and getting to show off my handy work. My fingers are raw now, but at least I can avoid using them with the new fancy switches.
I may need a toolbelt. I'm practically a licensed contractor now.
| Single switch swap |
| New switch added |
| In place |
| Faceplate on |
| Three switch swap |
| The one on the far left is a 4-way switch, which means it controls the lights that 2 other switches control, too |
| Loose toggles |
| More wires to deal with |
| New switches |
| In place |
| Face plate on |
| Light switch and fan control before |
| Light switch and fan control after |
| 28 switches, 17 face plates (there's a couple missing in this pic). The messy table is chaos caused by the |
| Middle switch is also a fan control--now when we turn on the fan, it automatically goes to the favorite speed |
No comments:
Post a Comment