Wednesday, August 10, 2011

An investment in being comfy

I had mixed feelings about this whole thing, and was actually looking into having solar panels installed to make myself feel less guilty.  Unfortunately, solar panels are ridonculously expensive and the payback in that investment would take for.ev.er.
So last summer we said no to solar panels.  And this year, I caved in to a central air conditioning unit.  It's an investment in the house, I know, and it'll be super duper to not sweat while sitting on the couch.  I have seen no other houses nearby with central air.  It's a very big luxury, way up here in the great white north.  In order to nullify my guilt, we didn't just get central air, we got a heat pump.  Now we'll save loads on heating in the winter, too.  hooray!
I'd post pics of the unit and the furnace, but really, who gives a shit?  Just imagine me lounging with a smile on my face.
We can finally get rid of the cabana boy who hand fed me grapes while fanning me with a palm frond.  I never really liked his banana hammock anyway.

No comments: