There are perils to living on an undeveloped block in an incomplete subdivision. While I certainly enjoy the lack of neighbors, and their houses cutting into my view of the Bridgers, there are drawbacks to living thus.
There's dust. Oh holy hell, is there dust. It's not so bad in the winter, when everything's covered in white. But come summer, the outside fields seem to come into my house. They join the multitude of Golden Retriever fur clumps and have a little party on the floor. In corners and under tables. Right before my very eyes, it seems.
No matter how much I brush Amber, no matter how hard I try to keep the doors closed as much as possible, the outside is in. And it's a pain in the ass to clean. Every other day the Swiffer comes out to corral the floors into some order--and what looks to be a third Golden. I wonder if I collected the fur a couple of times and used it as stuffing in a blanket, could it possibly replace goose down? It's light, fluffy, abundant and fur. Fur is used to keep critters warm. I may be onto something here....
Not only is it on the floor, it somehow manages to take over the kitchen bar, dining table, and other flat surfaces--dressers, entertainment center, washer & dryer. Dust. Is. Everywhere! I can't escape it. I need at least 6 hours notice before someone comes over so I can clean some more. It doesn't matter if I cleaned last week or this morning, I can't get away from the dirty.
Sometimes I wish I could make everything waterproof and hose down the inside of the house on a regular basis. Build the house on an angle so all the water & dirt follows a natural gravity and gets the hell out of my house. I may be onto something here....
1 comment:
Hi Mel! I stumbled onto your blog. Funny stuff! I love how you call your husband 'mister'. I sometimes call Mark Mr. Man :) Take care and its good to read how happy you are. Your mom is very proud of you. :)
Post a Comment