Life for me has been difficult lately. Very luckily, none of the difficulty lies in my personal life--just the work life.
One co-worker accused me of being passive aggressive because I don't fight back when another co-worker lashes out at me. I don't consider it being passive aggressive, I consider it being who I am. I'm an introvert--so I've been told by professionals. Do I believe a person who's gone to school to help me, or a co-worker who has none of that training? Is it helpful to tell a person they're doing something wrong if you mean it in a kind way when what you're saying isn't right?
Needless to say, doubts fly around in my head every day now about who/how/what I am.
According to my handy dandy dictionary, an introvert is: a person predominantly concerned with their own thoughts and feelings rather than with external things.
That sounds like me.
Passive-aggressive is: of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials.
I'm sure that can be me as well. I avoid direct confrontation because it frightens me, it always has. So I think of how I feel in such situations and do nothing. And work has demanded things of me that I absolutely refuse to do--like become a person I'm not. I'm not sure that's "indirect" though.
I'm probably making excuses for myself. I know who I am--and I'm continuing to learn more as I slowly change as life happens.
I'm a sarcastic
goofy
sensitive
quiet
boisterous
intelligent
funny
nurturing
supportive
stubborn
anti-social
awkward
basketcase.
I wish I could use more of the un-used brain cells I have to try to figure out a way to explain myself in a way that would help people understand that I have no idea what I'm doing, I just want to survive the day without a headache or an undue amount of stress. I'm pretty sure if I could figure that out, it'd help a lot more people than just me.
No comments:
Post a Comment