Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What a mess!

I started feeling funky on Saturday, minor fever (100.8ºF), some chills, fatigue.  Figuring it was just a bug, I took a nap--it lasted a little longer than my norm, but if I was fighting off something, that makes sense, right?
Sunday day was fine, but during the evening I started feeling yucky again, running the same minor fever.  My right eye started to feel irritated and when I rubbed it, it really hurt.  No idea why.
Monday I woke up feeling mostly fine, but as the day wore on I started getting a sore throat and fatigue set in again.  I went to bed early and woke up feeling pretty refreshed considering I thought I was coming down with a cold.  The sore throat wasn't any worse than last night.

Then I looked in the mirror.  My face was all broke out!  Not with pimples, just red splotches.  wtf?
As I was taking a shower, I noticed the same splotches/rash on my arms, legs, abdomen and feet.  Holy hell!
Freaking out a bit, I called my doctor's office to be seen right away.  Except my doctor wasn't in, so I saw someone different, new.
She thinks I'm exhibiting symptoms of Rubella.  That disease I got vaccinated against as a child?  According to webmd, that vaccination helps protect "at least 9 out of 10" people against the disease.

Needless to say, I'm still freaking out a bit.  It'd be like finding out I had chickenpox again or something.  What, you mean I'm really LEFT handed!?

I'm going to go into a daytime tv coma now.  Hopefully I can stop saying WHAT THE FUCK at some point today.

No comments: