Monday, June 20, 2011

Staying home: day 1

Today I woke up at the crack of 7 AM, slugged around for about an hour.  By 8 I was ready to use my legs for something other than a dog-headrest.
Breakfast, showered, filed all the bills in an attempt to clear off the messy desk so I have room to work.
10:20ish met up with a lovely friend for a walk at the county park with the furkids, then down to Fresco Cafe for lunch and more chat.
Had to get the windshield fixed--picked up a couple of rock chips over the weekend's travels.  Came home to let the dogs out and wait for a check so I can put it in the account and talk to someone at the branch about an IRA, since that's one of my options for the mandatory retirement account that I've got from work.  No idea what IRAs are about, need all the help I can get.
The Mister came home early since he's not feeling well, so I went out to the garden and pulled out some weeds....and cat poo.  Smudge is apparently using that as her personal outdoor litter box.  Ugh.  Going to need to make the cage for that sooner than later looks like....
Productive day, all in all.  Hoping I can get my nose to the desk tomorrow, definitely by Wednesday.

Friday I did something I've known I'd do for a couple of years....



11 inches less of hair!

No comments: