I finished reading a book today. For fun. First time in months. I've been so busy doing so many other things that a pile of books to be read has grown on my bookshelves. It was driving me crazy, and it's a long weekend, so I thought I'd try one out. What an unbelievable joy it was! Oh, how I've missed reading for fun....
Smudge tried to kill a little gopher today. I watched it. I didn't freak out or try to save it, I just waited for her to kill it so I could throw it away before she dismembered it all over the back yard.
Of course, she got bored with it and left it after awhile, so it scampered off. Oh well.
While watching that happening, I saw a lone Golden walking on the other side of the block. I hollered and whistled and got no response. I looked around all the empty lots and saw not a single human nearby, so I walked up to it and brought the dog home for the night. We'll try to find it's owner tomorrow. For now, I'm calling him Bob. He's a real gentleman, sits nicely and is well trained on the leash. The girls are beside themselves.
After calling the animal shelter, the owner contacted us and took Ben home. His real name is Ben. I was so close!
So much for raining all weekend. It spit this morning, got some graupel early afternoon, but other than that it was a pretty nice day. I could've gone home after all. grrrr
I am now down to days to countdown for work. I'll post the whole account of why I'm leaving after I leave. For now, I just need to survive the last few weeks...
No comments:
Post a Comment