Saturday, May 14, 2011

Turning into home

Small changes here and there are turning the house into a home.  It's so exciting each time something is added.  Well, exciting to me.  Matt just ends up sweaty from all the heavy lifting and moving he has to do with the new additions.

Why didn't people check with me before they built houses in the way of the view I'd have?

And stop signs, too.

Oh, big birdie, how I love to watch you fly.

Last night, really windy, hawk going almost nowhere as he rode the gusts.

I love my mountains.

We have trees!  A couple of baby aspens given to us by a lovely co-worker.  Why aspens?  Story below.

I have plants!  Never could have them in the apartment.  Apartment = no sun.

Wicked cool painting by our friend Leslie K.  The four elements.

New, beautiful desk!  Have I mentioned how much I love slate?

Cat tested, cat hidden, cat approved.


We've got plants, which add some life to the place.  They were at work for the longest time, just because I sat by the window at work and they got some much needed exposure.  When I first took them in, one plant had ONE leaf (the one on the far left).  I called it "Pathetic", now I call it "Jungle plant" because the leaves are so flippin' huge.  I have a habit of naming things. No idea why.  In our fish tank are a couple of sharks.  They're named Back and Forth, because that's what they did--swim back and forth and back and forth.  Other fish are named Duck and Goose, Bill and Jill, etc.  I need to figure out names for the trees.  Yes, I'm that weird.

A co-worker who lives in the Bridgers was kind enough to dig up a couple of aspen trees from his yard--last year.  In October.  2 days before the first snow.  Matt refused to dig in the cold & wet, so they sat all winter, with bags around their roots, and waited for us.  As you can see in the first hawk picture, the larger tree has started to bud out.  Matt dug holes, I helped (which was a lot of fun for me, not so much for him) and we planted the trees this week.  I've wanted aspen trees in the yard of our home since we got married.  The day we got married was hot but breezy.  We had the wedding outside in front of a stand of aspens and the sound & sight of their leaves fluttering in the wind is one sensory memory I've cherished since.  This year, the year we celebrate our 10th year of marriage, is the year we got those aspens I wanted.
I'm content.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Thank you for sharing your blog with me! Great description of the apartment, wow what a long time ago! Hope you are having a great day!!!