Saturday, May 21, 2011

In the middle of the night

I don't know why, I don't understand how it happened, but sleeping next to my husband is a lovely, comforting thing.
I remember being a teenager, sleeping in my bed, sprawled out almost to the point of touching all four corners of the mattress.  Ah, those were the days....
Now, however, I've been sleeping next to someone for years.  And the feel and knowledge that he's there beside me helps me sleep easier.  It's very, very strange, since I think of myself as a somewhat independent person.
Why am I bringing this up?
Because in the middle of the night I woke up, I don't remember why, and when I opened my eyes, my husband was asleep, facing me.  I had to reach out and caress his face.  Such a simple thing, but even in the dead of night seeing his face brought out such feelings of tenderness and warmth that I had to touch him.

You should return to your regularly scheduled internet browsing now.  That was mushy.

No comments: