I is who I is.
I'm unapologetically, unabashedly, outspokenly, and some other -ly's anti-social.
Some people live for friendships and some people live for going out at night to party.
Other people love entertaining in their home or throwing parties for family.
And then there's me. My idea of a good day is coming home after work (where I deal with people all day long) and sitting down to relax w/my dogs. Sometimes a walk is involved. Sometimes should be more often, but I'm lazy.
If there's a crowd, I avoid it.
If there's a party, I make excuses.
I have few friends, but the friendships I do have are very close and very important to me. I'm all about quality over quantity.
I love my Mom. I don't like my siblings--my brother is an abusive (verbally) bully who claims to know everything there is to know; my sister is so self-centered and mentally ill that I don't know how she's managed not to get the shit kicked out of her on a regular basis.
I have a couple of truly awesome cousins who come from amazing parents. I honestly can't believe I know, let alone am related to such wonderful, warm, sweet, kind, loving people.
I am blessed to have what I do, be loved by those I love, and I'm happy to be me. Most of the time. When I'm not having a bad day at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment