Friday, October 14, 2011

The curse of the import car

I sold my beloved MINI Cooper S "Nigel" on August 8th.  The week prior to that, I ordered a new MINI Countryman S All4.  Since I knew what I wish I'd gotten with Nigel, I practically loaded up the Countryman.
It went into production in Austria mid-August and got on a ship mid-September.  It's now at the dealership in Colorado, waiting to be picked up.
The only issue is...the salesman/MA (motoring advisor).  
Apparently he doesn't understand how anxious I am to have a car to drive.  He doesn't realize that I haven't had a vehicle of my own in 9 weeks.  And he's taking his sweet time doing whatever he's doing down there.
It's not a matter of just hopping in the car and popping down to the dealership to pick up the new car.  Nooooo, we only live 750 miles from the dealership.
And we're getting the new car shipped here.  Which means extra days before I can drive it.
It's just a mess.  I'm getting incredibly frustrated and pissed off with the MA, but there's nothing I can do.  He claims he's just trying to get stuff cleared by the finance person there.  One finance person for 4 dealerships.  wtf?  Are you kidding?!
If I don't throw my hands up over all this BS, I'm definitely not using that dealership again.
Why oh why oh why is it so much to ask for a MINI dealership in my area code?

blah.

No comments: