Saturday, August 28, 2010

Adventures in Home Carpentry


The Mister's husband had the brilliant idea to build me a bookshelf for all of my beloved books.  So they started.  And now he's nowhere to be found.
The Mister, luckily, is soldiering on.  They got the cases together and Mister's been working on the shelves.  He picked out the wood and the trim pieces--he knows how much I love vine stuff.  He loves me an awful lot.  I'm a very lucky girl.


Case on it's side (to be sanded)
Bare trim piece
Bare crown piece
Bare shelf and trim piece before stain (messy garage full of boxes of books)
Shelf with trim after stain
First book case after stain (more messy garage)
Mister nailing together the trim & shelf....
Then he sands them....
And then he starts staining them...
Last night as he was finishing up the stain work on miscellaneous pieces he took a break to come inside and make pained faces at me.  After I asked what was wrong, he said he got a big sliver in his finger.
Me:  Are you ok?
Him:  No!  I might die!
Me:  Oh no!  That must be a hell of a sliver!  Do you need me to do anything?
Him:  No, I gave myself mouth-to-mouth out in the garage.  I think I'll be ok now.

That's my Mister

No comments: