The Mister got a job, yay!
He's training at the home store on the other side of the hill (mountain pass) for a few weeks, then he'll be working closer to home at a satellite store that's being constructed right now.
After living with him 24/7 for 3 months, I thought for sure that I would have a hard time being by myself again. It was nice to have the time together, but I'm happy he's got a job again because I know it'll help his emotional balance in a way that spending time together couldn't.
While I appear to thrive on time at home, he (as an extrovert) got a lot of enjoyment out of being around people all day. He also feels that he needs to be the provider in our household, so he feels better making a living, too.
Unfortunately, we only have one vehicle, which he obviously has to take while he's training in another town. So I'm homebound again. And hoping that once he gets settled in at the satellite store, I can start chauffeuring him to and from work so I can use the car when necessary. Which I seriously hope isn't too long, because I'd like to get at least a part-time job to help out.
I've found myself somewhat "haunted" by my previous job. I can't seem to move on from the things that were said and done while I was there. My biggest hope is that if I get another job, I can replace those workplace memories that still upset me with new, happier memories.
In the meantime, I get to play the housewife again while my man is out bringing home the bacon.
mmmm, bacon
No comments:
Post a Comment