Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving, like the last one, we spent home.  The Mister usually has to work the Friday & Saturday after the holiday, so we don't travel to be with family anymore.
Like last Thanksgiving, I made the Mister a turkey breast, because he lubs him some turkey.
Unlike last Thanksgiving, I made myself a ham, because I lubs me some turkey.
I also made some broccoli & cauliflower gratin, crescent rolls, sourdough, wild mushroom and bacon dressing, and blueberry cheesecake.
I'm so sick of leftovers now, I may not eat again until Christmas.
Here's some shots of the spread....

Nothing says nutrition like veggies smothered in cheesy goop.

Turkey & ham, just hanging out....
I love Mom's stuffing, but this stuff is really damn delicious.

I'm proud of myself, ok?

While I made dinner, I persuaded the Mister to complete a small project we've been putting off for awhile.  
Back in the spring, we had some little birdies break into the exhaust vent for the guest bathroom fan.  The little birdies made a little birdy nest and laid little birdy eggs in the nest that ended up becoming more little birdies.  The Mister, being the kind, nature-loving sort he is deep down inside, didn't want to move the nest until the little birdies had moved out for the year.
And so, after putting it off....the Mister made this while I made dinner.

Sadly, there was no ceiling cat awaiting us.

He found stuffing, too!

It snowed in our house on Thanksgiving.

What we originally thought would be a rather small task turned into a pain in the arse.
The little birdies managed to rip apart the vent tubing.  And, since it was Thanksgiving, there wasn't a hardware store open to get replacement tubing.  The birdies also managed to almost completely block the vent, which managed to explain why the fan had been so loud....
Anyway, the Super Mister got up at 5 AM on Black Friday to go to Lowes and get some replacement tubing.  How awesome is he!?
On top of that, he put the tubing in and re-wired and re-mounted the fan by the time I woke up at 7.
He's awesome, that Mister.

No comments: