Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bits & Pieces

Stuff seems pretty random and scattered right now.  Current events include:

A big, white, long-haired kitty is staying with us.  He doesn't like the dogs, but he wants to be friends with Smudge.  Smudge, however, doesn't like him and seems to prefer having her head chewed on by Lily.  So the new kitty, named Winter, has been with us for a little over a week--we thought we'd try it out, having 2 cats.  He was a stray that the Mister picked up off the street where it appeared it'd been dropped off--right next to a very busy Frontage Road.
Now that enough time has gone by to gauge what we'd be dealing with if we kept him....we have to turn him into the animal shelter.  The hair is just too much for the Mister's allergies.  :o(
But I have a feeling he won't spend much time there before someone adopts him.  He's just too pretty.

I had another spot appear in my eye last week.  I also had a follow-up with the retina specialist on Friday.  He saw another spot of blood in the vitreous fluid of my right eye.  He has no idea what's causing it....so I'm seeing a neurologist tomorrow.  We'll see what happens.  Maybe I'm growing super powers?  One can only hope.

Last weekend was my work Christmas party.  4 couples.  Something the Mister & I rarely get to do--go out with a group and have a good time.  The food was good, I even had some red wine I liked, and I had SO MUCH FUN!  I LOVE the people I work with.  Seriously.  What a novel experience...working with adults who act rational and reasonable and let me do my job without interference.

We're not going to the Parents' place for Christmas this year.  I'm stressed about things pretty bad and I don't want the added stress of being around my siblings.  Thankfully, the Mom is understanding about it.

I made applesauce that turned out SO yummy!  I made it the way my Grandpa used to make it.  And it's the best damn applesauce I've ever had.
Now, I'm hoping to make some apple jelly with the trimmings.  A bit intimidated, but willing to try.

And before I let myself feel too confident in the kitchen....I tried to make an apple crisp over the weekend.  It didn't turn out awesome.  Even I can screw up.
Flour is the difference between apple crisp and apple glop.  BIG DIFFERENCE.

No comments: