Wednesday, December 21, 2011

erratic apprising (random update)

Not a whole lot going on here lately.  It got cold, there's sky poo on the ground, and Smudge has returned from her sojourn to the spare bedroom for two months.
So now I'm back to the miraculous ability of multi-tasking:  pet the cat with one hand, rub Lily's paw (no idea why she likes this so much) with the other hand, and stroke Amber's belly with my foot.  Or pet the cat, rub Amber's neck, and pet Lily's belly with my foot.  The dogs are ok with foot love, the cat demands hand.

Smudge has declared Lily's kennel as her bed.  Lily hates me when I tell her to kennel up before realizing the cat's owning her place.
Their eyes only glow when they're in the kennel together, I promise.

Coolest packaging I've ever seen.  It came in the mail a couple of weeks ago.

Cut along dotted line, empty contents, turn inside out and enjoy the new satchel.  Seriously!?  

Turned inside out.

What was before a mailing pouch is now a reusable tote!  How flippin' cool is that!?

Not only has Smudge taken over Lily's kennel, she's helping herself to Amber's food.
I'm still trying to figure out why she thinks she's a dog.
Don't cats usually have disdain for dogs?

All that pilfering is exhausting.  And fattening.
Meet Pudge.

Amber is precious.  Sometimes she just sits there and stares at me.  I wish I could read her mind.

Fog!  Yay!!

This is spotted dick.  In a grocery store.
ew.

Moonrise.  Love it.

Lily doesn't sit & stare, she worms her way onto the couch and paws me until I pet her.
Or kiss her.
Or push her off.

No baking this year!  For the cookie exchange, I made peanut butter balls.  302 of them, to be exact.
This was just the first batch.

Don't my chocolate covered balls look yummy?

Smudge buries her face in pillows now, apparently.  Maybe it's a coping mechanism--if she can't see the dog coming, the dog won't come?
Or maybe it's because she's ashamed of herself for eating dog food?
Whatever the reason, I hope she realizes it makes breathing more difficult.

No comments: